JOIN US AT THE EDGE
We are inviting confident, bold, inventive, resourceful, enterprising, innovative, enthusiastic, daring individuals to join us on the journey of a lifetime. Let us know if you are…
- Challenged by award-winning innovative work,
- Inspired by collaborating with the brightest minds in the industry,
- Yearning for a no-politics, high energy environment where you can thrive,
- Seeking freedom to fuel your ambitions,
- Pursuing financial rewards from achieving success.
At Eta Compute, we are growing and hiring in California, USA and Bangalore, India. Do you have what it takes to go with us to the edge of computing and bring ground-breaking AI products to market?
VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – San Francisco Bay Area, CA USA
We are seeking a proven and driven Vice President of Sales and Business Development to lead our transition from chip sales to system solution sales and help unlock the large and growing market opportunity for our products. This position will report directly to the CEO and, as a member of the executive leadership team, contribute directly to the overall success of the company.
The VP of Sales and Business Development will lead a team with the following responsibilities:
- Source new leads, build a strong funnel of customer opportunities for existing products, and validate new product proposals and definitions.
- Interface with customers to understand their system-level needs, pain points and unsolved problems. Propose and promote solutions using Eta Compute products and technologies.
- Identify new markets, trends, applications, and opportunities for existing/future products and/or derivatives. Provide product definition to Marketing and Engineering. Work with customers to obtain validation, sponsorship, and funding for new product developments.
- Contribute to the company’s business plan, strategy, and product roadmap. Work with the executive team to evaluate and select new products for development that optimize TAM/SAM, revenue growth, gross margin, differentiation, and other business criteria.
- Formulate and implement go-to-market (GTM) strategies for new products. Monitor competitive developments. Establish sales channels and engage with channel partners to meet revenue targets.
- Work with Marketing to articulate Eta Compute’s value proposition and differentiation and to evangelize and promote the company’s products in print and on-line media, at conferences, trade shows, and other industry forums.
- Build strategic alliances with ecosystem partners including direct customers and end users (our customers’ customers) to deliver end-to-end solutions. Develop strong and trusted relationships with key influencers and decision makers.
- Negotiate contracts, pricing, statements of work, NRE and other agreements.
- Set quarterly and annual sales goals and drive the team to meet them. Provide bottoms-up and top-down 3-5 year revenue forecasts.
- Manage sales pipeline, drive design wins, support customer field trials and deployments to meet revenue forecasts.
- Recruit, develop and lead a high-performance worldwide sales and business development team that scales with the company.
- Collaborate effectively with BOD members, VCs, and investors to drive company growth.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in technology system solutions sales, marketing, and business development.
- Proven success bringing new products to market in a lean startup environment, from lead generation to customer development, design in and successful revenue growth.
- Marketing-level technical knowledge of IoT and sensor systems including architectures, hardware, software, AI/ML algorithms and cloud services.
- Proven success in driving strategy and definition of a new product category culminating in commercial success, revenue growth and market leadership.
- Track record of recruiting and developing high-performance, results-oriented teams.
- Domain expertise in imaging, vision and sensor systems using AI/ML
- Experience with B2B sales of equipment, controls, sensors, systems and/or software for smart buildings, cities, retail, transportation, industrial and/or factory automation. Established relationships with buyers in these segments a plus.
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Outstanding communication skills. Excel in articulating and evangelizing the company’s value proposition to various constituencies, including customers, partners, employees, analysts, board of directors and press. Ability to distill complex ideas into simple and convincing messages (oral, written, graphic presentations) that capture the company’s mission, value proposition and differentiation.
- Strategic thinker. Courage to think big and formulate long-range plans that create exceptional value for stakeholders while putting in place detailed tactical initiatives to get there. Make daily decisions consistent with the company’s mission and overarching strategy. Remain focused on the big picture without getting distracted by irrelevant “shiny objects”.
- Aggressive, Results-Oriented Leader. Action-oriented, sales “hunter” who pursues new leads and opportunities with a high sense of urgency and passion. Make aggressive but achievable plans and meet them. Negotiate effectively and close deals. Intense, but with an in-check ego and receptiveness to constructive feedback and coaching.
- Relationship Builder: Build strong relationships and gain access to key ecosystem partners, customer decision makers and influencers. Build trust through authenticity, professionalism, credibility, and integrity. A highly motivated, collaborative team player who actively contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together, enthusiastically, and effectively, to produce outstanding results. A strong desire and ability to coach, teach, mentor, and develop others.
- Curiosity and Creativity: Technical depth and curiosity to ask insightful questions that reveal customers’ problems and pain points. Listens well and connects customer problems with Eta Compute technologies to propose creative solutions. Resourceful in identifying new opportunities, applications and use cases for the company’s products and technologies.
- Agility, Flexibility and Adaptability. Comfortable working in a dynamic and rapidly changing entrepreneurial environment. Ability to easily multiplex between business development, product marketing and sales. Able to change direction and pivot as market requirements, customer needs and/or business priorities shift.
Embedded Software Lead – San Francisco Bay Area, CA USA
We are seeking an innovative, detail-oriented Embedded Software Lead to join our team in Northern California.
In this role, you’ll work closely with Machine Learning engineers, hardware engineers and our Tools Team to define, develop and ship innovative ML-based edge products.
- Specify, design, and implement embedded software for ultra-low-power edge AI products
- Work closely with machine learning engineers to employ ML inferencing on tiny embedded machines
- Define and apply networking and communications elements of our products using technologies including IP, BLE, Wifi, and NB-IoT
- Define and implement network security components including authentication, message integrity, secure update, and encryption
- At least 10 years of experience in commercial embedded software development
- 3 years of project leadership experience
- CS, BS Engineering degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with recent BLE implementations, including shipping BLE-based products in volume
- Strong, practical knowledge of information security techniques and problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of embedded operating systems and embedded hardware
- Expert level software development using C, C++ and assembly, with solid background in operating system internals, algorithms and data structures
- Excellent analytical and hands-on debugging skills
- Video/camera experience
- Agile development experience
- Experience with Wifi implementations including enterprise WPA
- TinyML or similar embedded ML experience
- Experience with power management for embedded systems
- Nordic or Broadcom networking chip experience
DIRECTOR – MACHINE LEARNING COMPILER DEVELOPMENT – (San Francisco Bay Area, USA)
We are seeking an experienced software engineering professional to lead our Compiler and Toolchain team: design, implement and verify the tools that underpin our ultra-low-power Edge AI solutions.
- Lead development of our deep learning compiler stack that maps the output of frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras onto power-efficient edge AI hardware
- Develop new optimization techniques and algorithms
- Devise multiprocessor/multicore partitioning and scheduling strategies
- Manage performance trade-offs; understanding the balance between performance, memory, and power in compiler generated code
- Demonstrated ability to deliver robust, high-reliability software products for technical users
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Excellent theoretical and practical understanding of chip-level hardware architectures – memory bandwidth, latency, caches, vector processing, IPC etc
- Experience with application-focused hardware acceleration technologies, such as GPU acceleration with CUDA or OpenCL, or FPGA acceleration with OpenCL or CAPI
- Strong understanding of compiler technology stacks
- Strong CS fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, complexity analysis, scalability, and availability
- Agile development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Machine Learning experience
- Tensorflow/Tflite experience
- Familiarity with computer vision algorithms such as object detection, tracking, and recognition
- Prior work with CNNs and familiarity with deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Familiarity with the state-of-the-art deep learning compilation approaches: XLA, Glow, ONNX, Tensor Comprehensions
- Experience with optimization techniques for neural networks such as quantization, pruning, and distillation
SENIOR MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEERS – (San Francisco Bay Area, USA)
We are looking for experienced Machine Learning Engineers with the desire to work in a small cross-domain team (ML, hardware, embedded software, networking) to bring ground-breaking AI products to market.
The successful candidates will be knowledgeable and innovative engineers who take pride in solving challenging problems. Responsibilities include:
- Solve real-world problems using your machine learning skills
- Participate in cutting-edge research for computer vision applications.
- Drive end-end machine learning developments from use-case analysis to data curation, training and optimization
- Develop and implement video and image processing methods
- Work on models that will push the current state of computer vision/machine learning
- Optimize models to fit within resource constrained embedded systems
- 8+ years experience solving problems using ML
- Experience with at least one deep-learning environment such as Caffe, TensorFlow, Tensorflow Lite or Keras
- Proven success in full-cycle ML development, from data gathering through training and optimization
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of deep-learning, Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN)
- Experience with ML optimization techniques, for example quantization, pruning, and distillation
- Experience in implementing object detection/classification including traditional handcraft feature-based methods in the image processing domain ((HOG, SIFT, Gabor filter, etc.).
- Experience with machine vision libraries for software development, such as OpenCV
- C/C++ and Python coding and debugging skills, familiarity with multi-threaded programming
QUALITY ASSURANCE LEAD – (San Francisco Bay Area, USA)
We are seeking a seasoned Quality Assurance engineer who believes in QA – and wants to put that belief to work creating exciting new AI-Edge products.
You’ll be working in a close-knit team with ML, software and hardware engineers to take our ultra-low-power ML-based sensing devices to market and achieve industry-leading quality and reliability.
- Define and implement the system-QA strategy for our Edge ML IoT devices from smoke testing through functional and regression test suites
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities
- Define our automation architecture and implement automation scripts
- Drive the test execution process including automated and manual testing
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Represent the quality focus in interactions with the design team, ensuring that we design for quality from project kickoff
- 8+ years of experience in writing, executing, and maintaining test software for SW/HW devices
- 3 years in a team-lead role (project leadership)
- Experience testing networked embedded devices
- Strong understanding of network and device security
- Practical experience with commercial and open-source testing frameworks and tools
- Experience with CI, issue trackers, test frameworks and libraries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong scripting and programming skills
- Agile development experience
- Experience in testing wifi and BLE
- Machine Learning experience
- Pentesting experience
System Software Engineer – Bangalore, Karnataka, India
As part of our world-class, international Software Development center in Bangalore, you will partner with us in developing system software (RTOS, BSP, drivers, bootloader, etc.) for Eta compute’s ultra-low-power Edge AI System-on-Chips used in various IOT based edge AI applications. Our projects combine software, hardware, communications, operations and other elements in a system-level product or solution. Typical SW applications include control of hardware, data acquisition, automation, and real-time processing in embedded environments and then connecting embedded devices to popular cloud IOT infrastructures. Sound exciting! Your effort will make a significant impact to our company’s success.
You’ll be responsible for…
Participating in the system software/infrastructure lifecycle effort to connect our ultra-low-power AI SOCs. Basically, all phases of development of the system software such as requirements, design, implementation, integration, testing, release, customer deployment and support. In addition, you will:
- Develop and maintain all system software infrastructure (RTOS/middleware, drivers), framework, and peripheral related software so that the algorithm developer need not bother with the details of hardware complexities;
- Own the firmware support for silicon validation on emulation platforms as well as silicon bring-up and post silicon validation;
- Work closely with system hardware engineers, algorithm engineers and support application engineers for resolving field customer issues;
- Be involved in evaluating, selecting, and managing outside vendors and partners;
- Collaborate with open-source communities for integration of Eta compute’s ultra-low-power SOC based system software, participate and support open source upstream projects.
Qualifications we seek…
- Tech/M.Tech in Electronics Engineering/Computer science with more than 8 years of relevant experience;
- Working experience in developing drivers for at least one of the Operating systems: Freertos, Mynewt, Zephyr, etc. on small constrained HW environments;
- Experience with writing sensor, audio, and video data acquisition drivers;
- Expert level software development using C, C++ and assembly, with solid background in operating system internals, algorithms and data structures;
- Good understanding of software-hardware interfaces like I2C, SPI, DMA, interrupt, etc;
- Experience with power management for embedded systems;
- Experience with connectivity protocols like BLE, LORA, NB IOT will be an added advantage;
- Strong technical experience and problem-solving ability, with a can-do attitude;
- Experience collaborating with remote teams and contributing to open-source communities, with tools like jira, git, etc;
- Knowledge of software-hardware co-design and silicon bring-up in low power MCU/SOC;
- Willingness to travel internationally (10-15% travel).
Begin the adventure you’ll remember for years to come. Join our outstanding team in revolutionizing computing synthesis and reap the rewards of a job well done. We offer a reward package commensurate with your contribution. And, we look forward to discussing our future together. Check us out by sending your resume to email@example.com.
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Eta Compute prior to having a signed agreement from Human Resources. Eta Compute is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Eta Compute highly values diversity in our employment practices and takes pride in a workplace free of discrimination and which fosters inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All US positions will require a background check.