AI @ THE EDGE
You’ve got some experience, now you need an adventure!
We’re seeking inventive, bold, resourceful, confident, enterprising, innovative, enthusiastic, daring individuals to embark on the journey of a lifetime. Apply now, if you are…
- Challenged by award-winning innovative work.
• Inspired by collaborating with the brightest minds in the industry.
• Yearning for a no-politics, high energy environment where you can thrive.
• Seeking freedom and energy that fuels your success.
• Looking for financial rewards from winning.
• Longing to live surrounded by natural beauty with access to nationally recognized schools.
At Eta Compute, we’re hiring in Bangalore, India, and in California, USA. Do you have what it takes to go with us to the edge of computing?
CHIEF PRODUCT ARCHITECT – Silicon Valley / Westlake Village, CA
New Beginnings! That’s us and we are exciting! Join our journey as we revolutionize Edge AI. Eta Compute was founded with the vision that the proliferation of intelligent devices at the network edge will make daily life safer, healthier, more productive and fulfilling without sacrificing privacy and security. To realize this vision, we developed and introduced TENSAI, the world’s most energy-efficient AI platform, consisting of our Neural Sensor Processor, the TENSAI neural network compiler and our family of AI sensor boards. TENSAI enables intelligent sensing in a wide range of battery-operated and energy-harvesting devices for the IoT, consumer and computing applications. We are now embarking on an exciting new mission, using TENSAI to develop complete system solutions for image classification, voice and sound recognition, motion detection and environmental sensing across a wide variety of end markets. We are seeking a Chief Product Architect, reporting to the CEO, to lead this new initiative, with responsibility for conceiving, defining, and directing the development of product solutions that delight customers and solve their most challenging problems.
The successful candidate will be a creative, customer-facing, technology and product leader who will own and drive system-level solutions from concept to production, including all phases of ideation, definition, design, development, prototyping and customer validation. The Chief Product Architect will:
- Work with Product Marketing to analyze and select segments that maximally leverage Eta Compute’s unique technologies to deliver outsize value for customers and the company.
- Collaborate with Sales to engage with customers and understand their needs, problems, and opportunities.
- Translate market and customer requirements into innovative new product proposals and definitions that solve their toughest problems while providing exceptional ease-of-use and customer experience.
- Hire and lead the System Engineering Group, which will assemble complete solutions incorporating sensors, boards, modules, neural networks, software and cloud connectivity.
- Lead cross-functional team including Sales, Marketing, Applications, Software / Neural Networks to develop and deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Develop ecosystem partnerships as necessary to complete and expand the solution, e.g. algorithms, modules, services, data sets, apps.
- Define the technology strategy and drive the product roadmap. Align technologies with business priorities while championing the customer, making sure that products delight users.
- Review, recommend and secure end-to-end verification testing and obtain customer validation. Learn from customer feedback and iterate to continuously improve products.
- BSEE/MSEE with 10+ years of applicable experience.
- Proven track record of defining, developing and bringing to market commercially successful embedded system solutions for IoT, computing or consumer applications.
- Demonstrated success in working with customers to identify problems, unmet needs and opportunities, and to distill them into innovative new product ideas, proposals and definitions.
- Able to think at the system level and formulate end-to-end solutions incorporating sensors, signal processing, neural networks, decision logic, cloud connectivity, applications software and services.
- Proven success in hiring, managing and leading high-performance engineering and cross-functional teams.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of embedded systems, microcontrollers, embedded software, RTOS and tools.
- Working knowledge of embedded systems programming and scripting: C/C++, Python.
- Working knowledge of image sensors and systems plus at least one other domain: audio, voice or motion.
- Understanding of neural networks and experience with at least one AI/ML framework: Caffe, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras. Familiarity with signal processing and MATLAB a plus.
VICE PRESIDENT, AI SOFTWARE ENGINEERING – Westlake Village / Silicon Valley, CA
Venture with us as we build on our industry-leading, energy-efficient AI platform to develop intelligent sensing solutions for the IoT and other energy-constrained applications. Join our start-up journey, either in Silicon Valley or Westlake Village, CA, as we accelerate our growth in developing the lowest power and most computationally efficient system solutions for pushing Machine Learning and AI to the edge of the network. As Vice President, AI Software Engineering reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and directing all required technologies and engineering IP for the company. This includes strategic planning, product design, system architecture, quality assurance, engineering methodology, patent generation, and integration of new teams and functions as required. Lastly, s/he is expected to contribute to the overall success of the company as a member of the executive leadership team and demonstrate strong leadership skills with a good dose of humility and collaborative working style.
Qualifications we seek…
The Vice President, AI Software Engineering will have hands-on, in-depth engineering and technology experience in bringing system solutions to market, instilling engineering best practices and quality systems in service to hardware deployments and software releases, and identifying opportunities to advance current methods, design experiments, conduct proof of concept studies, build consensus, and apply new techniques to products in development. Also required are the following:
- An MSEE and 15+ years of relevant experience
- Strong hands-on AI/ML background – Tensorflow / Pytorch, neural net architectures and optimization (particularly size reduction). Background in image processing desirable.
- Familiarity with embedded programming. C, C++ and Python programming.
- Managed teams and products using best practices in software development to deliver high quality products on-time for volume deployment.
- Experience in cloud-based application development is a plus.
- Background in multi-core programing and cross-platform development is desirable.
APPLICATION ENGINEER – Silicon Valley / Westlake Village, CA
New Beginnings! That’s us and we are exciting! Join our journey as we revolutionize Edge AI. Eta Compute was founded with the vision that the proliferation of intelligent devices at the network edge will make daily life safer, healthier, more productive and fulfilling without sacrificing privacy and security. To realize this vision, we developed and introduced TENSAI, the world’s most energy-efficient AI platform, consisting of our Neural Sensor Processor, the TENSAI neural network compiler and our family of AI sensor boards. TENSAI enables intelligent sensing in a wide range of battery-operated and energy-harvesting devices for the IoT, consumer and computing applications. We are now embarking on an exciting new mission, using TENSAI to develop complete system solutions for image classification, voice and sound recognition, motion detection and environmental sensing across a wide variety of end markets. As our Applications Engineer located in Westlake Village or San Jose, Ca, your experience with embedded system development and passion for building great products will be necessary to provide prompt and effective technical customer support. Sound exciting! Your effort will significantly impact our company’s success.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Being comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Collaborating with Sales/Marketing Team, Customers, Design, Test and Product-Engineering, to gather information about customer issues, understand them, and provide solutions and/or recommendations to the customer.
- Effectively reproducing, analyzing, debuging and solving customer issues.
- Providing technical support in sales and product demonstrations.
- Developing AI demo applications, examples and reference systems with our NSP, using our AI platform software and tools and strategic partner components
- Working with the sales team in providing insight from the field to marketing and product managers about existing products to facilitate new product definition.
- Creating technical documentation, training material and product appnotes.
- Reviewing and understand various neural network architectures.
- Integrating optimized neural networks to various applications and platforms.
- Working with partners and /or customers during the integration process, understand the nature of their problems and solve them.
- Analyzing and resolve design related issues in a timely manner.
- Working with project team in understanding circuit requirements and limitations.
- Bringing-up and test first article boards and subsequent boards as required.
- Reviewing and recommend improvements to existing designs.
Qualifications we seek…
- BSEE with 5+ years applicable experience.
- Familiarity with board and systems design for low power embedded systems, such as Allegro and Orcad.
- Experience developing full embedded systems and reference designs combining hardware, firmware, and software.
- Experience bringing up first article boards and chips.
- Experience with Segger, IAR, ARM Keil and GCC embedded software tools
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of embedded systems, microcontrollers, DSPs and HW/SW architectures.
- Working knowledge of embedded systems programming/scripting: Python, C/C++
- Experience in TensorFlow and TensorFlow Lite (other machine learning frameworks a plus).
- Low power/low voltage design experience a definite plus.
- Solid experience in customer support. Being able to multitask and quickly switch tasks as demanded by customer requests.
- Disciplined individual with strong documentation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work successfully with international and multi-functional teams.
- A sense of urgency, resiliency, curiosity, thoroughness, analytic thinking, creativity, and responsiveness.
System Software Engineer – Bangalore, Karnataka, India
As part of our world-class, international Software Development center in Bangalore, you will partner with us in developing system software (RTOS, BSP, drivers, bootloader, etc.) for Eta compute’s ultra-low-power Edge AI System-on-Chips used in various IOT based edge AI applications. Our projects combine software, hardware, communications, operations and other elements in a system-level product or solution. Typical SW applications include control of hardware, data acquisition, automation, and real-time processing in embedded environments and then connecting embedded devices to popular cloud IOT infrastructures. Sound exciting! Your effort will make a significant impact to our company’s success.
You’ll be responsible for…
Participating in the system software/infrastructure lifecycle effort to connect our ultra-low-power AI SOCs. Basically, all phases of development of the system software such as requirements, design, implementation, integration, testing, release, customer deployment and support. In addition, you will:
- Develop and maintain all system software infrastructure (RTOS/middleware, drivers), framework, and peripheral related software so that the algorithm developer need not bother with the details of hardware complexities;
- Own the firmware support for silicon validation on emulation platforms as well as silicon bring-up and post silicon validation;
- Work closely with system hardware engineers, algorithm engineers and support application engineers for resolving field customer issues;
- Be involved in evaluating, selecting, and managing outside vendors and partners;
- Collaborate with open-source communities for integration of Eta compute’s ultra-low-power SOC based system software, participate and support open source upstream projects.
Qualifications we seek…
- Tech/M.Tech in Electronics Engineering/Computer science with more than 8 years of relevant experience;
- Working experience in developing drivers for at least one of the Operating systems: Freertos, Mynewt, Zephyr, etc. on small constrained HW environments;
- Experience with writing sensor, audio, and video data acquisition drivers;
- Expert level software development using C, C++ and assembly, with solid background in operating system internals, algorithms and data structures;
- Good understanding of software-hardware interfaces like I2C, SPI, DMA, interrupt, etc;
- Experience with power management for embedded systems;
- Experience with connectivity protocols like BLE, LORA, NB IOT will be an added advantage;
- Strong technical experience and problem-solving ability, with a can-do attitude;
- Experience collaborating with remote teams and contributing to open-source communities, with tools like jira, git, etc;
- Knowledge of software-hardware co-design and silicon bring-up in low power MCU/SOC;
- Willingness to travel internationally (10-15% travel).
Begin the adventure you’ll remember for years to come. Join our outstanding team in revolutionizing computing synthesis and reap the rewards of a job well done. We offer a reward package commensurate with your contribution. And, we look forward to discussing our future together. Check us out by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Eta Compute prior to having a signed agreement from Human Resources. Eta Compute is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Eta Compute highly values diversity in our employment practices and takes pride in a workplace free of discrimination and which fosters inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All US positions will require a background check.