AI @ THE EDGE
You’ve got some experience, now you need an adventure!
We’re seeking inventive, bold, resourceful, confident, enterprising, innovative, enthusiastic, daring individuals to embark on the journey of a lifetime. Apply now, if you are…
- Challenged by award-winning innovative work
- Inspired by collaborating with the brightest minds in the industry
- Yearning for a no-politics, high energy environment where you can thrive
- Seeking freedom and energy that fuels your success
- Looking for financial rewards from winning
- Longing to live surrounded by natural beauty with access to nationally recognized schools
At Eta Compute, we’re hiring in Bangalore, India, and in California, USA. Do you have what it takes to go with us to the edge of computing?
Director of Hardware Engineering
Been watching technology trends – the power requirements of network interfaces (BLE, LORA) and sensors (image sensor, ToF, IMU) are dropping rapidly. AI has been the power-hungry exception– but that’s also changing, with Eta Compute bringing ultra-low-power Edge AI out of the lab and into the real world. We’re using our Tensai tool-chain to create power-efficient system designs that make battery-powered and energy-harvesting ML inferencing devices a reality. If you want to play a key role in a cross-functional team solving challenging design problems in image, voice, sound and vibration using AI at the Edge, come join us.
We’re looking for an experienced hardware engineering leader to form the core of our hardware team: design, implement and verify electronics for our next-generation embedded-AI subsystems.
- Lead our subsystem hardware design efforts
- Understand diffuse/ambiguous end-user problems – use your creativity to solve them
- Together with our ML team, evaluate hardware architectures against performance, cost and power metrics
- Evaluate hardware components – sensor elements, SoCs, analog, RF, networking
- Drive the design and development of Edge-AI subsystem hardware: high density, low power PCBs/modules
- Coordinate end-to-end development of electronic subsystems, including design verification/simulation, DVT, compliance and certification
- Own complete hardware designs including digital, analog, RF, signal integrity, mechanical
- Establish and manage full-cycle electrical hardware development processes
- Drive partners on manufacturing process and test development
- Hire, mentor and lead the hardware development team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-reliability, manufacturable product designs into volume production
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Demonstrated success in complex mixed-signal designs
- Strong understanding of digital and analog design fundamentals
- Experience with space-constrained hardware designs
- Proven project manager – have led the launch of multiple products into volume production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with one or more of the following sensor types: visible light image sensors, IR image sensors, vibration sensors, microphones, 3D/ToF image sensors
- Flex-PCB, MCM experience
- Experience with RF network interfaces
Director – Machine Learning Compiler Development
We’re looking for an experienced software engineering professional to lead our Compiler and Toolchain team: design, implement and verify the tools that underpin our ultra-low-power Edge AI solutions.
- Lead our compiler and toolchain design – including frontend, backend, and runtime
- Understand our challenging domain – creating optimized ML inference code that gets the most out of small, embedded hardware machines
- Lead development of our deep learning compiler stack that maps the output of frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras onto power-efficient edge AI hardware
- Develop new optimization techniques and algorithms
- Devise multiprocessor/multicore partitioning and scheduling strategies
- Manage performance trade-offs; understanding the balance between performance, memory, and power in compiler generated code
- Drive our Toolchain development program, including interfacing with major customers and partners
- QA and release management
- Mentor and lead the compiler and toolchain development team
- 10+ years experience building software engineering tools
- Demonstrated ability to deliver robust, high-reliability software products for technical users
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Excellent theoretical and practical understanding of chip-level hardware architectures – memory bandwidth, latency, caches, vector processing, IPC etc
- Experience with application-focused hardware acceleration technologies, such as GPU acceleration with CUDA or OpenCL, or FPGA acceleration with OpenCL or CAPI
- Strong understanding of compiler technology stacks
- Strong CS fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, complexity analysis, scalability, and availability
- Agile development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Machine Learning experience
- Tensorflow/Tflite experience
- Familiarity with computer vision algorithms such as object detection, tracking, and recognition
- Prior work with CNNs and familiarity with deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Familiarity with the state-of-the-art deep learning compilation approaches: XLA, Glow, ONNX, Tensor Comprehensions
Neural Processor Compiler Expert
We are seeking a Neural Processor Compiler Expert to architect and develop the Compiler Architecture for our proprietary processor architecture that enables inference of deep learning networks with an emphasis on performance and power.
The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable, innovative, expert engineer who takes delight in solving the most challenging of problems. Responsibilities include:
- Manage performance trade-offs; understand the balance between performance, memory, and power in compiler generated code.
- Develop a deep learning compiler stack that interfaces frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras etc. and converts CNNs, DNNs and Transformer Networks into internal representations suitable for optimizations.
- Develop new optimization techniques and algorithms to efficiently map CNNs, DNNs onto Eta Compute processors.
- Devise multiprocessor/multicore partitioning and scheduling strategies.
- Develop complex programs to validate the functionality and performance of the CNNs, DNNs application programming kit required qualifications.
- MSEE/PhD with 10+ years of applicable experience.
- Solid C/C++, Python, or equivalent.
- Solid Linux, embedded programming skills.
- Familiarity with machine learning, deep learning, TensorFlow, Caffe, & PyTorch.
- Strong ability to debug software, prototypes, algorithms, experiments.
- Familiarity with hardware concepts, computer architecture, and prototype debug.
- Familiarity with computer vision algorithms such as object detection, tracking, and recognition. Prior work with CNNs and familiarity with deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.) is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with the state-of-the-art deep learning compilation approaches is a huge plus: XLA, Glow, ONNX, Tensor Comprehensions, etc.
- Experience with application-focused hardware acceleration technologies, such as GPU acceleration with CUDA or OpenCL, or FPGA acceleration with OpenCL or CAPI.
- Proficiency in hardware definition/architecture collaboration and hardware/software integration.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, complexity analysis, scalability, and availability.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer – Silicon Valley / Westlake Village, CA
New Beginnings! That’s us and we are exciting! Join our journey as we revolutionize Edge AI. Eta Compute was founded with the vision that the proliferation of intelligent devices at the network edge will make daily life safer, healthier, more productive and fulfilling without sacrificing privacy and security. To realize this vision, we developed and introduced TENSAI, the world’s most energy-efficient AI platform, consisting of our Neural Sensor Processor, the TENSAI neural network compiler and our family of AI sensor boards. TENSAI enables intelligent sensing in a wide range of battery-operated and energy-harvesting devices for the IoT, consumer and computing applications. We are now embarking on an exciting new mission, using TENSAI to develop complete system solutions for image classification, voice and sound recognition, motion detection and environmental sensing across a wide variety of end markets.
We are seeking a Machine Learning Engineer who will collaborate with algorithm and systems engineers to implement machine learning models.
The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable and innovative engineer who takes pride in solving challenging problems. Responsibilities include:
- Solve real-world problems using your machine learning skills
- Participate in cutting-edge research for computer vision applications.
- Drive end-end machine learning developments from use-case analysis to data curation, training and optimization
- Develop and implement video and image processing methods.
- Work on models that will push the current state of computer vision/machine learning
- Optimize models to fit within resource constrained embedded systems
- 8+ years experience solving problems using ML
- Experience with at least one deep-learning environment such as Caffe, TensorFlow, Tensorflow Lite or Keras
- Proven success in full-cycle ML development, from data gathering through training and optimization
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of deep-learning, Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN)
- Experience in implementing object detection/classification including traditional handcraft feature-based methods in the image processing domain ((HOG, SIFT, Gabor filter, etc.).
- Experience with machine vision libraries for software development, such as OpenCV
- C/C++ and Python coding and debugging skills, familiarity with multi-threaded programming.
VICE PRESIDENT, AI SOFTWARE ENGINEERING – Westlake Village / Silicon Valley, CA
Venture with us as we build on our industry-leading, energy-efficient AI platform to develop intelligent sensing solutions for the IoT and other energy-constrained applications. Join our start-up journey, either in Silicon Valley or Westlake Village, CA, as we accelerate our growth in developing the lowest power and most computationally efficient system solutions for pushing Machine Learning and AI to the edge of the network. As Vice President, AI Software Engineering reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and directing all required technologies and engineering IP for the company. This includes strategic planning, product design, system architecture, quality assurance, engineering methodology, patent generation, and integration of new teams and functions as required. Lastly, s/he is expected to contribute to the overall success of the company as a member of the executive leadership team and demonstrate strong leadership skills with a good dose of humility and collaborative working style.
Qualifications we seek…
The Vice President, AI Software Engineering will have hands-on, in-depth engineering and technology experience in bringing system solutions to market, instilling engineering best practices and quality systems in service to hardware deployments and software releases, and identifying opportunities to advance current methods, design experiments, conduct proof of concept studies, build consensus, and apply new techniques to products in development. Also required are the following:
- An MSEE and 15+ years of relevant experience
- Strong hands-on AI/ML background – Tensorflow / Pytorch, neural net architectures and optimization (particularly size reduction). Background in image processing desirable.
- Familiarity with embedded programming. C, C++ and Python programming.
- Managed teams and products using best practices in software development to deliver high quality products on-time for volume deployment.
- Experience in cloud-based application development is a plus.
- Background in multi-core programing and cross-platform development is desirable.
System Software Engineer – Bangalore, Karnataka, India
As part of our world-class, international Software Development center in Bangalore, you will partner with us in developing system software (RTOS, BSP, drivers, bootloader, etc.) for Eta compute’s ultra-low-power Edge AI System-on-Chips used in various IOT based edge AI applications. Our projects combine software, hardware, communications, operations and other elements in a system-level product or solution. Typical SW applications include control of hardware, data acquisition, automation, and real-time processing in embedded environments and then connecting embedded devices to popular cloud IOT infrastructures. Sound exciting! Your effort will make a significant impact to our company’s success.
You’ll be responsible for…
Participating in the system software/infrastructure lifecycle effort to connect our ultra-low-power AI SOCs. Basically, all phases of development of the system software such as requirements, design, implementation, integration, testing, release, customer deployment and support. In addition, you will:
- Develop and maintain all system software infrastructure (RTOS/middleware, drivers), framework, and peripheral related software so that the algorithm developer need not bother with the details of hardware complexities;
- Own the firmware support for silicon validation on emulation platforms as well as silicon bring-up and post silicon validation;
- Work closely with system hardware engineers, algorithm engineers and support application engineers for resolving field customer issues;
- Be involved in evaluating, selecting, and managing outside vendors and partners;
- Collaborate with open-source communities for integration of Eta compute’s ultra-low-power SOC based system software, participate and support open source upstream projects.
Qualifications we seek…
- Tech/M.Tech in Electronics Engineering/Computer science with more than 8 years of relevant experience;
- Working experience in developing drivers for at least one of the Operating systems: Freertos, Mynewt, Zephyr, etc. on small constrained HW environments;
- Experience with writing sensor, audio, and video data acquisition drivers;
- Expert level software development using C, C++ and assembly, with solid background in operating system internals, algorithms and data structures;
- Good understanding of software-hardware interfaces like I2C, SPI, DMA, interrupt, etc;
- Experience with power management for embedded systems;
- Experience with connectivity protocols like BLE, LORA, NB IOT will be an added advantage;
- Strong technical experience and problem-solving ability, with a can-do attitude;
- Experience collaborating with remote teams and contributing to open-source communities, with tools like jira, git, etc;
- Knowledge of software-hardware co-design and silicon bring-up in low power MCU/SOC;
- Willingness to travel internationally (10-15% travel).
Begin the adventure you’ll remember for years to come. Join our outstanding team in revolutionizing computing synthesis and reap the rewards of a job well done. We offer a reward package commensurate with your contribution. And, we look forward to discussing our future together. Check us out by sending your resume to email@example.com.
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Eta Compute prior to having a signed agreement from Human Resources. Eta Compute is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Eta Compute highly values diversity in our employment practices and takes pride in a workplace free of discrimination and which fosters inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All US positions will require a background check.