Powering an Infinite Internet of Things
It is estimated that there will be 24 billion devices connected by the Internet of Things (IoT) by the year 2020. With existing technology, deploying these devices, which are always on and always aware, requires a disruptive solution that reduces overall power consumption, enabling perpetual operation from energy harvesting or significantly extends the life of small coin batteries.
Eta Compute is revolutionizing low power consumption for systems using NB-IoT, LoRaWan, Z-Wave, EnOcean, Wi-SUN and Bluetooth standards by delivering the world’s lowest power analog and digital IP, CPU cores, and System-on-Chip designs that improve power efficiency by a factor of 10 without compromising functionality or performance.
Eta Compute essentially removes power as an obstacle to the IoT’s path to ubiquity.
Eta Compute has developed and implemented a unique low power design methodology that delivers more than a 10X improvement in power efficiency. The company’s IP and custom designs operate over the most severe variations such as temperature, process, voltage, and power supply variation. The result is products that are smaller, have fewer components, and deliver robust low voltage operation down to 0.3V.
- The only commercially available self-timed technology supporting dynamic voltage scaling (DVS) that is insensitive to process variations, inaccurate device models, and path delay variations
- Includes M0+ and M3 ARM cores scaling 0.3 to 1.2 volt operation with additional low voltage logic support functions such as RTC, AES, and DSP
- Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) sensor interface consuming less than 5uW for the most power constrained applications
- Efficient power management device that supports dynamic voltage scaling down to 0.25V with greater than 80% efficiency
- Encryption and Decryption, signal processing, and real time clocks are other examples of Eta Compute IP supported by DVS, Eta Compute’s technology can be implemented in any standard foundry process with no modifications to the process. This allows ease of adoption of any IP and delivers robust, process and delay insensitive operation. The company’s IP is portable to technology nodes at any foundry simplifying the manufacturing process.